Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Chad the Irreverent zombie.

Okay, I’m tired.

That may actually be an understatement.

I haven’t actually had a day off since the store was closed on Easter. I have had days “off” but end up working on those days anyway.

By the time I leave work tomorrow I will have worked between 110 and 120 hours in the last two weeks.

Like I said, I am tired.

My boss told me not to come in before noon tomorrow. I guess I will try to listen. I can’t make a rational argument against it.

I can’t make a rational argument about anything any more.

I am still functional as a human but am not capable of higher-level function any longer.

I can barely hold an intelligent conversation. I fall asleep while writing. I am losing touch with people. I can’t remember who I have talked to today, yesterday or last week. I don’t even think I could flirt with anyone and that is instinctual for me.

Let me explain it in a manner anyone could understand.

I forgot to buy donuts today.

It is partially self-inflicted. Far too many nights of staying up and trying to have some form of a life followed by far too many mornings waking up at 0530.

Apparently, even I have my limits and I have found them this week.

It gets worse with each day. Each day I am a little more tired and a little less able to function socially. My conversational skills have regressed to that of a kindergartener. If I could steal the “poke” from Facebook I would be using it in real life right now. You don’t need intelligence to poke someone.

I feel as if my brain has turned to some kind of mush. Maybe something like Jello.

I apologize to anyone that has attempted to communicate in the last few days. What can I say?

I’m tired.

I am glad tomorrow is the last day. I look forward to sleeping in Thursday.

No comments:

Post a Comment