Tuesday, April 6, 2010

The Cop and my Donut.

It was a typical Friday morning at work. I brought in a few donuts (chocolate covered with rainbow sprinkles, if you must know). I love my morning donuts and I am sure my ass is beginning to show it.

The GM and another manager had some errands to run and had just walked out of the store when something out of the ordinary happened.

A cop came in. Rochester’s finest.

He had a few questions about a car we had detailed and returned to a dealership a day prior. Not just any car, but a fast and overpriced Dodge Daytona. Apparently the car was stolen from that dealership Thursday night or Friday morning.

I called my boss and asked him to return to the store. The cop wanted to ask him some questions about the lines of custody of the vehicle, who had been in the vehicle, etc.

He didn’t believe me about a cop being there. Once in the facility he believed me.

The boss and the cop went into our office to discuss the matter.

It was then that a horrific thought crossed my mind.

My donut was still in the office!

I just knew that cop was going to steal my donut. No cop can resist the creamy chocolate frosting or rainbow sprinkles – it is like crack for law enforcement.

I tapped the other manager on the arm and said aloud, “He better not steal my fucking donut!”

He burst out laughing and we both updated our Facebook statuses. This was too funny a moment not to document.

I stood vigilantly outside the office not letting my donut out of my sight. The cop was sitting with it less than six inches from his hand.

After what seemed like an eternity, that donut-thieving cop got up and left. He had not molested my donut. I quickly ate in it in case he returned. He wasn’t getting a second chance at my sugary bliss.

A funny footnote to the story.

The car has since been recovered. The retards who stole it used it to rob a bank in the Twin Cities suburb of Maplewood. While getting away with their proceeds the dye pack exploded on them. While driving this bright yellow stolen Daytona with an exploded dye pack covering them, their clothing and the interior of the car a cop spotted them. They were pulled over and arrested. Good job cops!

Now stay away from my fucking donuts.

No comments:

Post a Comment